FAQ General Queries

General FAQ’s

What is enterprise training?
PTS offer a range of enterprise training.
Enterprise training is training courses that are customised and relevant to your role within Western Power. Details of available PTS enterprise training courses are available on the PTS website.

Exclusive classes

What is a PTS Exclusive Class?
These are classes that have been set up exclusively for a work group or company. If a class is exclusive, this is shown within the class information displayed on the PTS website.

Can I enrol in an exclusive class?
No, you must not enrol in an exclusive class unless you have been directed to do so by PTS.
If you do submit an enrolment for an exclusive class, your request will be cancelled without prior notification.

I have a query relating to exclusive classes, who can I contact?
Contact PTS if you have a query relating to an advertised exclusive class or if you would like to arrange an exclusive class.

Accessing student records

What are student records?
Student records are a list that details all the training that a student has conducted with PTS. It lists the course name, date of attendance and course outcomes.

How can I request a copy of my student records?
You can request a copy of your training record by submitting a Request for student records form or in person from PTS Reception.
You have the right to request a copy of your student records at any time.

Can anyone else access my records?
Training records will only be released to the individual unless written authority is granted.
As many employers require details of your training results for authorisation purposes, there are 2 ways that you can give your authority for your records to be released:

  1. at the beginning of your initial training with PTS, you may be asked to complete a student contact form, providing PTS authority to provide this information directly to your employer
  2. you can submit an Authority to release student records form to PTS to grant permission.

Network Authority Card (NAC)

What is a NAC?
All operational workers requiring access to a Western Power construction site are required to hold a NAC prior to commencing work on the Western Power network (as defined in the WA Occupational Safety and Health Regulations)

How do I obtain a Network Authority Card (NAC)?
Below are the steps involved to apply for a NAC.

Step 1 – complete on-line training

Step 2 – request an application form
To apply for a NAC, you will need to email Authorisations and request a Worker Authorisation Application Form.

Step 3 – submit required documents
Final step is to email the completed form plus supporting documents back to the Authorisations team.
The minimum supporting documents you need to provide are:

  1. completed Worker Authorisation Application Form
  2. Certificate of completion from the Operational Induction online training
  3. copy of your Construction Induction Card or Certificate
  4. your current First Aid certificate
  5. a recent digital photograph of yourself (no more than 12 months old) – must be colour, passport style (head and shoulders).
  6. a current Western Power supplier code (for Contractors and Sub-contractors only)

Note: the above are the minimum requirements to be supplied for a basic NAC. You may be required to provide additional documents as evidence dependant on the authorisation you request.

For further enquiries email Authorisations Team or if you’d prefer to discuss your request contact them on (08) 9411 7868, Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.

Back to Top Home Page